Juha Leiviskä (born 1936) is an architect and designer, especially well known for designing places of worship. Leiviskä studied architecture at the Helsinki University of Technology, qualifying as an architect in 1963. After taking on teaching commitments, he established his own office in 1967 .
His buildings are monumental, yet still possess the quality of intimacy, with light taking a central role in the architecture. Further to his talent for using natural light in his architecture, Leiviskä is also a skilled lighting designer. He experiences interiors as “instruments played by light.”